TUESDAY RIDE RIDE OF SILENCE
The Druid City Bicycle Club is an organization dedicated to participating in, planning, sponsoring, and encouraging recreational cycling activities in the West Alabama area. DCBC membership is made up of road racers, triathletes, tourists, mountain bikers and fitness cyclists. The club supports community service projects and promotes advocacy for bicycle facilities in the Tuscaloosa area. DCBC club members participate in cycling events around the Southeast, including organized tours, road races, triathlons, duathlons and mountain bike races.
Business meetings are held the first Monday of every month at 5:45 pm to discuss the “nuts and bolts” of the club. Any members are welcome to attend. Quarterly general meetings are also held. See the calendar for meeting dates.
2015 CLUB OFFICERS and COORDINATORS
- President: Randy Charles
- Vice President: Jason Clark
- Secretary: Leslie Musumecci
- Treasurer: Bill Carter
- Advocacy and Education: Michele Montgomery
- Director of Social Media (website, e-mail, social media): Beth Mitchell
- Rides Coordinator: Dave Crain
- Mountain Bike Coordinator: Lucas Miller
- Photography: Michael Hayes
DRUID CITY BICYCLE CLUB MAILING ADDRESS
Druid City Bicycle Club P.O. Box 523 Northport, AL. 35473
BOARD MEETING MINUTES: All Board Meeting Minutes are available upon request. Contact the Club Secretary (see contact information above under officers) to request a copy.
JOIN DCBC: Why join DCBC? Joining a cycling club provides you with the opportunity to learn group riding skills, discover new routes and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow cyclists. You can join online by going here, or click here to download the mail-in form. You can mail this in with your payment, or give it to one of the club officers at a regularly scheduled club ride.
Members also receive discounts on purchases made from DCBC sponsors such as Velocity Pro Cycle, Athlete’s Foot, Alabama Outdoors, Wagners Run Walk and Queen City Cycles. Furthermore, if you are a USA Cycling or NORBA licensed racer, membership provides you the opportunity to race for the DCBC racing team in road or MTB events.
E-Mail: Members receive e-mail messages via the DCBC e-mail list. To sign up, click on Join DCBC Group on the HomePage.
BYLAWS The Druid City Bicycle Club is governed by bylaws that state the name and purpose of the club, membership criteria, duties and responsibilities of officers, meeting information, and amendment protocol.
LINKS TO SOME OF OUR FAVORITE SITES
- Birmingham Bicycle Company
- Ride Of Love
- Alabama Bicycle Coalition
- Bike Journal.com
- Northeast Alabama Bicycle Club
- The Montgomery Bicycle Club
- Birmingham Urban Mountain Pedalers (B.U.M.P.)
- Birmingham Bicycle Club
- The Chattanooga Bicycle Club
- Spring City Cycling Club
- Oxford Cycling
- Auburn Flyers
- Jackson Metro Cyclist
- Prefect Mountain Biking
- East Alabama Cycling Club
- Shoals Cycling Club
- Druid City Online
- Tandems Limited of Birmingham
- Tuscaloosa Track Club
- Team Magic
- Alabama/Gulf Coast Chapter of Team in Training
- Tuscaloosa Triathletes
- Velocity Pro Cycle
- Lake Lurleen State Park
- City Of Tuscaloosa Official Bicycle Safety Website
- West Alabama Mountain Bike Association (WAMBA)